• By
  • Oct 19, 2020

A Complete Guide To Meningioma And It’s Treatment


Meningioma is a type of brain tumour that strikes the meninges. Meninges is the protective layer for the brain and the spinal cord. Almost 90% of the brain tumour that attacks meninges are benign in nature. The benign tumours do not possess much risk to the patient, and in most of the cases do not require Meningioma Treatment. However, in the rest of the 10% cases, that is the malignant or cancerous tumour, the treatment of the patient is necessary.

In some cases, even the benign meningioma tumour is risky. It is rare, but the chances are always there. The benign tumours expand and grow to the site where it can prove to be dangerous to life. There are over 27% of the Meningioma Brain Tumour that require the surgery. If these tumours are not treated, then it can lead to severe risks and complications.

Causes of the Meningioma Treatment:

Meningioma is a type of disorder that is most common in women of the age between the 40 to 70 years. This neuro disorder is more common in women than in men. Some of the most common causes of the disease include:

     Radiation Therapy:

Highly intense radiation used to treat cancer is one of the most common reasons of the meningioma. The cancer cells that find an escape during the cancer treatment result in the meningioma.

     Genetic Disorders:

Some people encounter the genetic disorder that includes type 2 neurofibromatosis and similar to that. In over 60% of the patients born with genetic disorders, meningioma is very common.

     History For Mental Trauma:

A patient who has a history of mental trauma or the disorder in the skull in the past can develop the meningioma.

   The Consequence of Other Neurological Diseases:

Some of the neurological disorders can result in the change of the configuration of the actual cells of the brain and the skull. In over 5% of the Meningioma disorders, the cause is the other neurological disorder.

Symptoms of Meningioma:

In over 60% of the Meningioma cases, the patient does not face any symptoms. However, if it is severe, that makes it penetrate deep into the internal protective layers, or depending on the site of the Meningioma, the possible signs and symptoms are:

·      Headache

·      Problem with the speech

·      Issues in the vision

·      Seizures

·      Inability to sense the instructions of the brain

·      Numbness

·      The weakening of the limbs

·      Failure to react to the situations.

What is the possible Meningioma Treatment?

Meningioma Treatment highly relies on the signs and symptoms, observation and the site of meningioma. Generally, a patient is put to inspection for three to twelve months. If the age of the patient is more than 65 years, then the observation time can be more than one years.

Based on the diagnosis reports, there are two procedures of Meningioma Treatment.

      Radiation Therapy:

Radiation therapy has proved to be effective in the treatment of over 90% of the cases. It can control the growth of the tumour to approximately 50 to 90%. It also help to stop spreading of the tumour to other parts of the body.


The surgery is possible for the cases where the sight of the tumour is safe to operate. Even if it is possible to remove approximately 60% of the tumour with the surgery, the doctors proceed with the same. The remaining tumour cells are removed with the help of radiation therapy and chemotherapy.


Final Words:

Meningioma is one of the rarest disease and is not very harmful if you avail the treatment on time. If you are watching for a cost-effective and reliable Meningioma Treatment, you can plan to visit India for the same. You can find a few best medical tourism companies in India who can support you with making the treatment arrangements in India.

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked*.

You May Also Be Interested In

  • By
  • Dec 02, 2019
Brain Tumor - Diagnosis, Symptoms, Classifications, and Remedies
  • By
  • Nov 13, 2019
Hip Replacement Surgery: Purpose, Procedure, Risks, and Recovery
  • By
  • Nov 13, 2019
What is Cervical Spine Surgery? Is Cervical Spine Surgery Dangerous?