Dr. Rajendra Prasad, Delhi, Delhi
- Designation : Spine & Neuro Consultant
- Qualifications: MBBS
- Experience: 38 Years
- Speciality: Spine,Brain Tumour,Spinal Disc
- Category: Neurology and Neurosurgery
- Hospital :Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, New Delhi
- Location : Delhi, Delhi
- Dr Rajendra Prasad is a renowned surgeon with vast experience of over 38 years in Neurosurgery and Spine surgery. He has been associated with the Royal College of Physician & Surgeons of Glasgow and Intercollegiate Speciality Board in Neurosurgery for his fellowship. He is the Medical Director of IHIF -(Indian Head Injury Foundation) which conducts all the medical activities and educational programs
- Foot Drop
- Carotid Body Tumour Embolization
- Neck and Spine Biopsy
- Percutaneous Vertebroplasty for Compression Fracture
- Petrosal Sinus Sampling
- Head & Neck Tumour Embolization
- Spinal and Cerebral Tumor Embolization
- Brain Arteriovenous Fistula Embolization
- Brain Suite
- Spine Surgery
- Spinal Surgery
- Spinal Disc Surgery
- Cerebrovascular Surgery
- Brain Tumor Surgery
- Epilepsy surgery
- Peripheral Neurosurgery
- CSF Rhinorrhoea Repair Surgery
List of Awards
- He was Distinguished as Clinical Tutor, Apollo Hospitals Educational & Research Foundation, (AHERF).
- He was Awarded the first BMJ Awards India in 2014 for the “Robotic Spine Surgery” in the category of “Surgical Team of the Year”.
- He was one of the Finalists of BMJ Awards 2015 South Asia on behalf of Indian Head Injury Foundation, in the category of “Healthcare Advocacy” for work on decreasing the impact of road traffic trauma through activism and policy change in India.
- Awarded BMJ Awards, South Asia 2017 on behalf of Indian Head Injury Foundation in the category of “Non-Communicable Disease Initiative of the Year” for our work involving road safety programme for children’s and distribution of 12,000 children’s helmets
- He won the Lifetime Achievement Award for distinguished services in the field of Neurosciences from Delhi Neurological Association (DNA) on 2nd & 3rd February 2019 at Dr Ambedkar International Centre, 15-Janpath, New Delhi.
- He was First in Asia to perform Da Vinci Robotic Spine Surgery.
- Member of Delhi Medical Council
- Member of Association of Spine Surgeons of India (ASSI)
- Member of Neurological Society of India
- Member of Congress of Neurological Surgeons, USA
- Former President and Founder Member: Delhi Spine Society.
- Currently working as Spine Surgeon, Neurosurgeon at Indraprastha Apollo Hospitals
Education & Training
- MBBS from Ranchi University, 1979
- FRCS (Glas) from Royal College of Physician & Surgeons of Glasgow
- FRCS (SN) from Intercollegiate Speciality Board in Neurosurgery