Dr. Rakesh Kumar Dua, New Delhi, Delhi
- Designation : Director: Neuro Spine Surgery
- Qualifications: MBBS,MS,MCH
- Experience: 42 Years
- Speciality: Deep Brain Stimulation,Epilepsy,Brain Tumour,Meningioma,Brain Stroke
- Category: Neurology and Neurosurgery
- Hospital :Fortis Hospital, Shalimar Bagh
- Location : Delhi, Delhi
- Dr Rakesh Dua is one of the top leading Neurologist in India. He has wide experience of 4 decades in Neuro & Spine surgeries. Dr Dua is currently working as Director Neurosurgery & Head Neurospine in Fortis Hospital. He is also working as a Faculty member, Examiner/Assessor, Neurosurgery & Spine at National Board of Examinations, Ministry of Health & Family welfare, New-Delhi. Dr Dua area of interest is in minimally invasive neuro & spine surgeries & Neurocritical care including various complex vascular skull base, endoscopic, brain & spine tumours, spinal decompression & fixation and neurotrauma with successful outcomes.
- Mini craniotomy for tumours, hematomas.
- Brain Tumor Surgery
- Deep Brain Stimulation
- Brain Stroke Treatment
- Microdiscectomy Surgery
- Meningioma Surgery
- Cyber Knife
- Gamma Knife
- Scoliosis and kyposis Surgery
- Cervical Decompression
- Lumber Decompression
- VP shunting
- Minimally Invasive/ Keyhole surgery for Disc Disease (Spinal Tumors)
- Congenital anomalies in children
List of Awards
- Received Mohan Lal Nayyar Award for Best Senior Resident, MAMC & Associated Hospitals, 1999.
- Received Top Hundred Masterpiece Award 2018.
- Received Times Healthcare Achievers Award 2017.
- Received Gem of India Award (Healthcare Category) 2018.
- Received Rahul Gandhi Ekta Award 2011.
- Dr Dua published over 20 articles in various national & international indexed journals.
- Dr Dua presented papers in various national & international as free papers & guest faculty.
- Member of North American Spine society
- Member of Neurological Society of India
- Member of Neurospinal society of India
- Member of Delhi Neurological Association
- Member of Indian Medical Association
- Member of Delhi Medical Association
- Member of Association of Surgeons of Haryana
- Director, Neuro Spine Surgery at Fortis Hospital, Shalimar Bagh, New Delhi.
- Director, Neurosurgery & Head Neuro Spine Max Super Specialist Hospital, Shalimar Bagh, New Delhi.
- Head of Department, Neurosurgery, UCMS & GTB hospital.
- Faculty Member, Neurosurgery & spine, National Board of Examinations at New Delhi.
- Examiner/Assessor in Ministry of Health & Family welfare, New-Delhi.
Education & Training
- MBBS from the University of Delhi in 1976
- MS in General Surgery
- MCh in Neuro Surgery from the University of Delhi in 1979
- Fellowship in Micro Neurosurgery from Barrow Neurological Institute, Phoenix Arizona, the USA in 1980