Dr Sandeep Vaishya, Gurugram, Gurgaon
- Designation : Neuro & Spine Surgery
- Qualifications: MBBS,MS,MCH
- Experience: 17 Years
- Speciality: Intracranial Tumor,Deep Brain Stimulation,Spinal
- Category: Neurology and Neurosurgery
- Hospital :Fortis Escorts Heart Institute, New Delhi
- Location : Gurgaon, Haryana
Dr Sandeep Vaishya is notable Neurosurgeon in India with more than 17 years of experience in the field having served with some of the top Hospitals and Institution of India and in current he is a Director, Neuro & Spine Surgery at FMRI, Gurugram. Dr Vaishya is an awardee of the Herbert Krause Medal. He has worked as a faculty at AIIMS in the neurosurgery Department. Dr Vaishya is one of the leading surgeons for the brachial plexus Injuries in the world & for Gamma Knife Surgery in South Asia.
- Intracranial Tumor Surgery, including - skull base Tumors.
- Minimal Invasive and Image-Guided Neurosurgery.
- Spinal Surgery & Minimal invasive spinal surgery.
- Functional Neurosurgery:
- Deep Brain Stimulation for Parkinson, Dystonia, OCD and Epilepsy.
- Surgery for spasticity.
- Surgery for pain.
- Gamma Knife Radio Surgery.
- Peripheral Nerve Surgery with a special interest in Brachial Plexus Injuries
List of Awards
- Herbert Krause Medal for Best Paper in Neuro-Oncology (NSI 2001).
- Sundt Fellowship by Mayo Clinic, USA.
- Life Membership Award by Mayo Alumni Association.
- Gold Medal in medical school.
- Dr Majeed Memorial Oration Karachi, Pakistan 2008.
- Dr Sandeep Vaishya has contributed more than 50 papers and chapter in peer-reviewed medical journals and textbooks.
- He has delivered more than 60 guest lectures in India and abroad.
- Director, Neuro & Spine Surgery at FMRI (Fortis Memorial Research Institute), Gurugram.
- Worked as Faculty in the Department of Neurosurgery at All India Institute of Medical Science (AIIMS), New Delhi for 10 years and also as an Additional Professor.
- Head of Department- Neurosurgery, Max Institute of Neurosciences, Max Super Speciality Hospital, Saket, New Delhi.
Education & Training
- M.B.B.S. and M.S. (General Surgery) from GR Medical college, Gwalior.
- M.Ch. (Neurosurgery) from AIIIMS, New Delhi.
- Faculty in Department of Neurosurgery at AIIMS for 10 years.
- Fellowship from Mayo Clinic, USA.Dr Sandeep Vaishya, Gurugram