Dr. Vikas Jain, Delhi, Delhi
- Designation : Director & Senior Consultant Urology and Renal Transplant
- Qualifications: MBBS,MS
- Experience: 15 Years
- Speciality: Andrologist,Kidney Transplant
- Category: Organ Transplant
- Hospital :Dharamshila Narayana Super Speciality Hospital, Delhi
- Location : Delhi, Delhi
- Dr Vikas Jain is a well-known surgeon of the country, having a track record for performing 157 Renal Transplants with 100% successful clinical outcome. He is the first Indian to have been awarded the scholarship by European Association of Urology (EUSP). Dr Vikas Jain has his name amongst the few surgeons in the region to conduct 4 consecutive transplants- two living donor swaps and two deceased donors- in 36 hours.
- Renal Transplant & Related Procedures
- Basic And Advanced Laparoscopic Urology
List of Awards
- Achieved First Position in Biochemistry at the MBBS.
- Recipient of award endowed by the All India Conference of ACBI, Manipal.
- Received PG Best Paper Award for a paper entitled- Postnatal management and outcome of antenatal hydronephrosis due to pelvic-ureteric junction obstruction, presented at 22nd Annual Conference of KSC-ASICON at Bangalore.
- Received Second Best Paper Award in its category for Video presentation titled “Laparoscopic pyeloplasty.
- USI-EAU Travelling Fellowship to attend European Urology Resident Education Program (EUREP)-2009 at Prague between 28th of August and 2nd of September 2009.
- Received, the First Prize in MCQ examination conducted at the USI-AUA Instructional Course-Mock examination and Annual Review Course conducted jointly by USI and AUA at Mumbai.
- Received Prof CKP Menon Best Paper Award.
- Received Second Prize Vijayawada Prize Poster category: Donor gonadal vein reconstruction for extension of the transected renal vessels in living renal transplantation at the USICON 2010.
- First Indian, who has been awarded the scholarship by European Association of Urology (EUSP), to visit Fundacio Puigvert, Barcelona, Spain for “ Short-Term-Visit”.
- DUSCON Achiever’s Award for the year 2015, by Delhi Urology Society.
- Scholarship from European Foundation of Urology (EFU) to participate in Semi-Live 2017, organized by the Department of Urology of the University Hospital.
- Performed over 157 renal transplantation at ILBS, with 100% results.
- Retrieved both the kidneys from a 16-month old (Youngest) brain dead donor and transplanted in an adult. This is the “first” and only case of its kind in India.
- Retrieved both the kidneys from a non-heart beating donor (NHBD) and successfully transplanted in two patients. The first NHBD in Delhi / NCR.
- Performed four back-to-back transplants in 36 hours (two living donor swap and two-deceased donor).
- International Member of American Urological Association
- Corresponding Member of European Association of Urology
- Full Member of Urological Society of India
- Member of North Zone Chapter of USI/ Delhi Urological Society
- Member of Indian Society of Organ Transplantation
- Member of American Society of Transplant
- Member of Société Internationale d′Urologie, Canada.
- Numerous publications and Presentations in National and International Conferences.
- He is currently working as Urology and Renal Transplant, Director and Senior Consultant at Dharamshila Narayana Superspeciality Hospital, Delhi
- HE is a Urology, Visiting Consultant at Narayana Superspeciality Hospital, Gurugram
- He is a Consultant at Fortis Hospital, Vasant Kunj, New Delhi
- He was Associate Professor at Institute of Liver and Biliary Sciences (ILBS), New Delhi
Education & Training
- MBBS - Kasturba Medical College, Manipal
- MS (General Surgery) -Kasturba Medical College, Manipal
- DNB (Genitourinary Surgery) - Muljibhai Patel Urological Hospital, Nadiad
- Postgraduate Certificate in Renal Transplant from University of Liverpool (UK)
- Fellowship in Renal Transplantation -Barcelona, Spain